PokerStars Mobile Comes to Asia, Australasia; iOS Apps get Zoom
- PMU.FR Online Poker Room Launches Native Mobile Apps Sep 11
- Betfred, Coral, Titan Next to Roll Out Mobile iPoker Client Sep 05
- Apple Adds Gambling App Restrictions Aug 15
- PKR, Winamax Expand Mobile Offerings Jul 01
- Mobile Poker Play in France Sees Strong Growth Jun 10
- PKR Adds iPhone Support to Mobile Poker Offering Jun 04
Players in Asia, Australia and New Zealand now have access to PokerStars’ popular mobile app for Android and iOS.
There has also been a recent update to the iOS client: iPhone and iPad users now get access to Zoom tables—a feature that made its mobile debut on Android last week.
PokerStars Mobile was first launched on the Italian PokerStars.IT client in January 2012, and was then made available to UK customers a month later. The app quickly took off and PokerStars has been steadily rolling it out to all the markets it supports.
The app provides access to the full PokerStars player pool and the same Omaha and Hold’em tables as the standard downloadable client. Players have access to cash game tables and tournaments exactly as they have on their desktop.
The screen display is consistent with the standard version and multitabling features are supported. Game play is quick even on wifi networks although multitabling Zoom on an iPhone will require a nimble mind and fingers.
Existing iPad and iPhone users will need to update their app to get Zoom access, but the process should only take a couple of minutes.