Cash In on PokerStars’ Zoom Poker Next Week
- First Zoom Tournaments to Debut During PokerStars MicroMillions Series Feb 28
- Zoom Poker Goes Live on PokerStars in France Jan 24
- PokerStars Caribbean Adventure "Zoom" Promotion Goes Awry Jan 18
- PokerStars Considering Zoom-Only Tables at High Stakes Apr 05
- PokerStars Rolls Out Low Stakes Zoom Poker, Micro Fixed Limit Mar 19
- Real Money Zoom Poker is Live Mar 16
Zoom Poker, PokerStars’ “fast-moving ring game product” (read: Rush Poker) is slated for real money beta testing in mid-march.
The announcement today comes less than two weeks after Zoom Poker was first unveiled to the public for play money testing. According to today’s update, the development team is just “finalizing the last few details” before rolling things out for cash play.
An update today also rolled out two new features to the test client in response to player feedback: a “sit out next BB” feature and a work-in-progress “fold and watch,” that allows a player to fold a hand but remain on the table to watch how it ends before moving on to the next hand. Players can test it by holding the ctrl and shift keys whilst clicking fold.
Zoom Poker first debuted on testpokerstars.com in late February following months of rumors and speculation. Although some players have concerns over the game format in general and the further segregation of some player pools, the new feature has been met with broadly positive reviews from testers and an eager community awaiting real money play. Zoom Poker stays fairly close to Full Tilt’s Rush Poker in implementation.