iPoker to Enter the Fast-Fold Poker Arena
- Full Tilt Releases New Fast-Fold Variant “Adrenaline Rush” Jan 08
- 888poker Testing Fast-Fold Product "Snap Poker" Sep 20
- Bodog Launches Zone Poker, Only Fast-Fold Product Available to US Players Aug 07
- Amaya Announces 20% Lower Rake for "Strobe" Mar 11
- Ongame Gets into the Fast-Fold Game with Strobe Poker Debut Mar 05
- First Zoom Tournaments to Debut During PokerStars MicroMillions Series Feb 28
iPoker has announced that it will venture into the fast-fold poker genre with the soft launch of Speed Hold’em in the beginning of July.
Initially only No Limit Hold’em and Pot Limit Hold’em games will be offered, and only limits up to 10c/20c will be spread. However, players will be allowed to join cash games pools up to 10 times each.
Players will be able find the Speed Hold’em pools alongside regular games, with a green lightning icon to indicate the new format. It will be displayed “in all current views and table searches, including Favorites and Quick Seats,” according to the iPoker press release.
The offering appears to be very much inline with Microgaming’s Blaze Poker, which also lists tables alongside regular games in the lobby and permits a high number of entries per player.
iPoker will join the handful of operators that currently offer fast-fold poker variants. Long-term rival for 2nd-place spot PartyPoker has also stated it is working on its own version. Love it or hate it, fast-fold poker is certainly here to stay, and its popularity will likely only grow. Already one in four hands played on the internet is on PokerStars’ Zoom Poker.