Dutch Gambling Authority Suggests Changes to Proposed Gambling Laws
- Dutch Gaming Bill Presented to House Jul 25
- The Netherlands Gaming Bill: Key Features Jul 25
- Dutch Regulator Repeats Heavy Handed Advertising Advice Jul 17
- Netherlands Council of Ministers Approves Differential Tax Rates Jul 14
- Eleventh Hour Threat to Dutch Gaming Laws Jun 30
- Problem Gambling the Focus of Latest Dutch Gaming Bill Draft Mar 11
Kansspelautoriteit, the Dutch Gambling Authority (DGA), has proposed amendments to the Dutch gaming law which is currently out for industry consultation. An open letter to the State Secretary for Security and Justice Dr Frederik Teeven lays out practical proposals for improving the law.
Following an introduction which commends the work carried out so far, the letter makes some general points about the problems inherent in gaming regulation and in how the proposed law plans to tackle them.
Four areas are then singled out for special attention: regulating the promotion of gambling; combating gambling addiction; protecting and informing consumers; and preventing gambling-related illegality and criminality.
Continue reading on pokerfuse PRO »