Spanish Reps to Meet with PokerStars to Discuss Future of Poker on dot.ES
- Strong Quarterly Growth for Online Poker in Spain, But Player Participation Flattens Mar 28
- Paf Spain to Close Poker Room, Future of Ongame.ES in Question Feb 15
- Shared Poker Player Pools on Spain 2013 Action Plan Feb 06
- Spanish Court Rejects Codere Claim Against PokerStars Nov 16
- First Official Numbers Underscore Online Poker's Growth in Spain Nov 15
- GoalWin Enters Spanish Market on Ongame.ES Oct 17
PokerStars has invited representatives from leading Spanish community site Poker-Red and its sister training site EducaPoker to discuss what the future holds for Spanish players on a regulated PokerStars.ES.
Two poker players will be selected to join representatives from the sites to meet in Barcelona on May 21. PokerStars will lead a presentation on plans for its Spanish regulated poker room, and reps will be invited to voice their opinions and concerns.
The meeting will occur just ten days before the first licenses are expected to be issued. Questions have emerged regarding who will receive licenses given last minute tax demands that may put a heavy burden on existing operators.
Cash games, SNGs and MTTs will all be discussed. The presentation will focus on what stakes and game types will be made available in each game, the impact of operator taxation on the rake, and challenges facing each games in a regulated environment.
Also on the agenda are promotions, the VIP Club—including VPP multipliers, Stellar rewards, milestones and effective rakeback for players—and the Estrellas Poker Tour.
Players will be invited to raise any other questions or concerns they have.