PokerStars LIVE Macau to Host Inaugral Poker Series in April
- New Jersey Judge Rules Atlantic Club Can Walk Away From PokerStars Deal May 20
- PokerStars Sues Atlantic Club Over Attempted Termination of Sale, Restraining Order Granted May 06
- Rational Group "Entirely Committed" to Resolving New Jersey Situation May 03
- PokerStars Completes NJ Application, 90-Day Review Period Begins Apr 17
- PokerStars Planning $40m Capital Investment in AC Club, Eying Other Opportunities Mar 21
- PokerStars LIVE in London Hippodrome Opens its Doors Mar 08
PokerStars’ latest branded online poker room, “PokerStars LIVE at the City of Dreams,” will open for the inaugural event, the Macau Poker Cup, on April 19.
It will be the third poker room under PokerStars' new “LIVE” brand of brick and mortar poker rooms, following the poker room in Casino Gran Madrid, Spain, that opened in February, and one in the London Hippodrome, which opens next week.
It is not the first PokerStars presence in Macau: In May 2008 it partnered with the Grand Waldo to open a branded poker room, where it hosted various Stars events, including the APPT, the Macau Millions and the Macau Poker Cup.
This moved to Grand Lisboa in March 2009, where it remained open for three years. When the contract ended in early 2012, PS events returned to the Grand Waldo, although there has been no permanent PokerStars branded room in the region.
“We believe ‘PokerStars LIVE at the City of Dreams’ will significantly enhance the face of the Macau Poker scene,” Steven Webster, senior VP of the CoD casino is quoted as saying.