Ongame Adds iPad Support to Mobile Platform
- Betfred, Coral, Titan Next to Roll Out Mobile iPoker Client Sep 05
- Carbon Poker to Release Mobile App for iPhone, iPod Touch Feb 11
- PKR Debuts iPad App for UK Customers Jan 16
- PartyPoker Launches Android App Dec 20
- iPoker Room WinPoker Launches with iPad, Android Support Sep 26
- Microgaming Fast-Fold Only Mobile App "Blaze Mobile" Coming Soon Sep 14
An update was rolled out on the bwin Poker Mobile app in the Apple App Store on Tuesday that added support for iPad devices.
Along with native support for the higher resolution on the iPad, the latest release also includes bug fixes, and the ability to save hand histories locally.
Ongame first released its Apple App in January 2011, and rolled out a native Android application six months later. However, so far only two of over twenty Ongame skins have Apps in the Apple Store—bwin and Bet24—and only bwin currently boasts the v1.7.5 update that brings native iPad support.
It is not entirely clear why there has not been a wider roll-out, but one reason may be the weak customer reception: the Bwin app is rated 2.5 out of 5 stars in the App store, with over half of the 83 reviews rating it one star. Many customers cite a broken registration process, game play bugs and frequent crashes.
Ongame was recently acquired by Shuffle Master and the bwin players are expected to be transitioned to the PartyGaming software platform by the end of the year.