PokerStars to Launch Zoom Tournaments
- Full Tilt Releases New Fast-Fold Variant “Adrenaline Rush” Jan 08
- 888poker Testing Fast-Fold Product "Snap Poker" Sep 20
- Bodog Launches Zone Poker, Only Fast-Fold Product Available to US Players Aug 07
- Amaya Announces 20% Lower Rake for "Strobe" Mar 11
- Ongame Gets into the Fast-Fold Game with Strobe Poker Debut Mar 05
- First Zoom Tournaments to Debut During PokerStars MicroMillions Series Feb 28
PokerStars could launch Zoom Poker tournaments within a week.
“They’re in the new software release, so it’s just a question of putting a final polish on,” Lee Jones wrote on 2+2. “Of course, these things occasionally slip, and job #1 is making sure they work properly, but we’re getting very close on these.”
The roll out has been anticipated since October, when the “Zoom” option popped up under the “format/variant” filter for PokerStars tournaments.
Zoom, similar to the fast-fold Rush tables on Full TIlt, launched earlier this year, offering fixed limit and no-limit hold’em and pot-limit Omaha cash games.
Full Tilt held Rush tournaments as far back as April 2010, shortly after the feature debuted on cash game tables.
The relaunched Full Tilt client also offers Rush tournaments in which players are dealt a new hand the instant they fold. In the later stages of Rush MTTs, tables shrink to short-handed and the final table operates with standard play.