Rising online poker operator GGPoker has announced the Road to Vegas satellite tournaments for the World Series of Poker 2021 Main Event on July 28. The qualifiers are already listed in the client and players can select their preferred route to winning a $12,500 package for Las Vegas.
During the first week of qualifiers as of August 1, 65 packages worth $812,500 total are guaranteed and three different buy-in levels are available. For as little as $80, international players can win their trip to Sin City and participate in poker’s annual pinnacle event.
“The WSOP Main Event is the most prestigious tournament on the planet, and GGPoker’s Road To Vegas will allow players from all over the world to win their way in,” said Daniel Negreanu, GGPoker Global Ambassador, in the official press release. “I’ve been playing the Main Event since 1998. There’s no tournament like it. It’s every poker player’s dream to win it, including mine.”
- TOP BONUS — $600 deposit matched or up to $100 in rewards
- TOP FOR MTTs — GGMasters freezeout guarantees $2.5 million a week
- TRUSTED Holds a License from the UK Gambling Commission and the Isle of Man Gambling Supervision Commission. Available in many countries in Europe, South America, and Asia
According to the promotion page, GGPoker’s $12,500 WSOP Main Event package consists of the following:
- $10,000 WSOP 2021 Main Event tournament entry
- Accommodation at Rio All-Suite Hotel and Casino, Las Vegas for 7 nights
- £1,250 for travel expenses (to be booked with MainEventTravel.com)
- Entry to the GGPoker WSOP Players Party
- GGPoker-branded merchandise
- Access to the GGPoker Platinum Lounge at the Rio
The players’ party, branded merchandise, and platinum lounge remind of past glory days when PokerStars and Full Tilt Poker sent an armada of qualifiers to compete in the $10,000 WSOP Main Event.
GGPoker certainly seems to go all-in with regards to the satellites—offering more packages than 888poker, WSOP’s previous partner for official satellite packages, in previous years.
The first week of Road To Vegas on GGPoker
- 38 qualifiers with guaranteed packages available
- buy-ins of $80, $250 and $1,050
- $108 step satellites to the $1,050 qualifier
- 65 packages worth $12,500 guaranteed
- five daily qualifiers from Monday to Saturday, eight on August 1
The operator has also announced a last-longer competition among all qualifiers in the WSOP 2021 Main Event. A special WSOP Europe 2021 package awaits the furthest qualifier and this promotion is only available to those who have won their entry via GGPoker.
At least five daily qualifiers are scheduled in the opening week from Monday to Saturday whereas the opening day on Sunday, August 1, boasts eight satellites. Each of them guarantees at least one $12,500 package and three different buy-ins are available: $80, $250, and $1,050. Additional $108 steps to the $1,050 final are also listed in the online poker client as well.
All Road To Vegas satellites are shared throughout the entire GGPoker Network. This also includes Natural8, which has once again launched its own exclusive promotions for the international portion of the 2021 WSOP Online Bracelet Events.
The packages are non-transferrable—they cannot be sold or swapped with other players. However, players who “cannot attend the WSOP Main Event” will be offered T$10,000 in exchange for the Main Event entry, it is stated in the FAQ.
If players win more than one package, subsequent packages will be exchanged for tournament dollars. Winners who attend will be required to where a GGPoker patch in order to participate in the last-longer competition.
The launch of the Road to Vegas satellites as of August 1 coincides with the start of the international leg of the 2021 WSOP Online Gold Bracelet Events. First flights for Event #1 The Return are already underway and 33 Gold Bracelets will be awarded until September 12.