- Kentucky mobile sports betting has launched with seven of the eight authorized sportsbooks.
- Barstool Sportsbook, bet365, BetFanatics, BetMGM Sportsbook, Caesars Sportsbook, DraftKings Sportsbook, and FanDuel are operational, with Circa Sports set to launch by year-end.
- Kentucky becomes the 25th state with mobile sports betting.
- Governor Andy Beshear announced that over $4.5 million has already been bet, keeping those dollars within the state.
- DraftKings Sportsbook is running two promotions to celebrate the launch, offering enhanced odds on two events to double customer’s money.
- Mobile betting has already made a positive impact on local gaming facilities such as Turfway Park.
Sports wagering has already been a big hit in the Commonwealth, with more than $4.5 million already bet. And that means that those dollars stay here in Kentucky. Kentucky mobile sports betting launched without a hitch on Thursday, as seven of the eight sportsbooks authorized to begin operations in the Bluegrass State began taking wagers.
Barstool Sportsbook, bet365, BetFanatics, BetMGM Sportsbook, Caesars Sportsbook, DraftKings Sportsbook, and FanDuel went live at various times of the day Thursday, but the vertical officially kicked off at 6 a.m. ET.
The eighth sportsbook, Circa Sports, has said it plans to launch in Kentucky by year’s end. In a statement Thursday, Circa Sports CEO Derek Stevens said the company “has experienced tremendous growth since our 2019 launch, and we’re thrilled to introduce our operations to the great Commonwealth of Kentucky.
- Bonus available if your first bet loses
- Enjoy some of the best odds out there
- Enjoy live streaming of popular events
“We are grateful to our partners at Cumberland Run for bringing this to life and look forward to sharing what the brand has in store for Kentucky.” Circa also partnered with The Mint Gaming Hall.
With Thursday’s launch, Kentucky becomes the 25th state with mobile sports betting, according to the American Gaming Association (AGA).
“Good morning!” Democratic Governor Andy Beshear said on X, formerly Twitter, on Thursday. “Today, mobile sports wagering launches in Kentucky. Sports wagering has already been a big hit in the Commonwealth, with more than $4.5 million already bet. And that means that those dollars stay here in Kentucky.
“Everybody enjoy. Do it responsibly. But know that this is a win-win for #TeamKentucky, as these dollars will help our people. Enjoy mobile sports wagering!”
Mobile Launch a Big Event Across State
Kentucky Sports Radio host Matt Jones placed the ceremonial first bet at the retail DraftKings Sportsbook at The Mint Gaming Hall in Williamsburg. He reportedly wagered $100 for the University of Kentucky to win the NCAA Men’s Basketball Tournament, aka March Madness.
Jones told WYMT-TV in Hazard for a report Thursday that he thought mobile sports betting was “something that I think fits in with the state, the history of horse racing here.
“I think it’s going to be great for the state and give us money into the state coffers rather than giving it over to the other states that are around us.”
Michael Taylor, president of Turfway Park, told WLWT-TV in Cincinnati, Ohio, that the gaming facility has already noticed an impact.
“There’s no doubt that now, you don’t have to cross the bridge [to Ohio or Indiana],” Taylor told the station Thursday. “You can stay right here for a longer period of time and enjoy that game that you’re watching.
“Or, if you’re just at home, from a mobile perspective, you don’t have to drive anywhere.”
Turfway Park is owned and operated by Churchill Downs. It has a Kambi retail sportsbook and is partnered with FanDuel for mobile sports betting.
DraftKings Sportsbook Launches Two Promos to Double Your Money
DraftKings Sportsbook announced a pair of new “No Brainer” promotions with enhanced odds to help celebrate the launch of sports betting in the Bluegrass State. The first event will be held on Saturday, with a second one to follow on October 1.
Sports bettors who follow our step-by-step guide below will have an excellent opportunity to double their money from two events. Under the first, DraftKings Sportsbook KY is offering +100 odds for customers to double their money if the Kentucky Wildcats score just one point in their matchup Saturday against the Florida Gators in college football.
The second event is Week 4 of the NFL. DraftKings is offering similar +100 odds if a single point is scored in the game between the Cincinnati Bengals and the Tennessee Titans on Sunday, October 1.
Here is how to claim the boosted odds:
- Join DraftKings Sportsbook Kentucky using this exclusive promo link
- Complete the registration and verify your account
- Head to the promotions section, “Opt-In” for No Brainer Bet for NCAAF (or NFL), and receive a token
- Use the token in the bet slip to get +100 odds on Kentucky Wildcats to score at least one point against the Gators on Saturday (or for there to be at least one point scored in the Bengals-Titans contest on October 1).
- This boost is available both for new and existing DraftKings Sportsbook Kentucky customers