From October 11 to October 25, $800,000 is up for grabs in the Garden State Super Series (GSSS), the largest online poker tournament series in New Jersey, run by partypoker and Borgata Poker.
Highlights of the GSSS include:
- 43 main events complimenting the online daily schedule.
- $215 buy-in rebuy on the first Sunday with a $100,000 prize pool guaranteed.
- $150,000 the following Sunday for the series’ Main Event.
- Buy-ins range from $20 up to $1,060 with qualifiers for as little as $2.
- Players will have the opportunity to win their share of prize pools from anywhere in the levels.
- Player friendly enhancements, including tournament structure and payout improvements.
No Limit Hold’em tournaments make up a majority of the schedule, but there are also several PLO tournaments. Other poker variants such as Omaha Hi/Lo, 7 Card Stud and Fixed Limit Hold’em all have their own events.
Accessible to Everyone
“This is our third edition of the Garden State Super Series offering New Jersey players [the opportunity] to play a huge range of events and grab their share of the $800,000 guaranteed prizepool,” said Golan Shaked, Director of Games for partypoker. “It is important to provide all types of players a fun poker experience in whichever event they play. The GSSS offers buy-ins from $20-$1,060 so [it] is accessible to everyone.”
However, as reported by Poker Industry PRO this week, although the GSSS is promoted as “The biggest online poker series to date in New Jersey” both the total guaranteed prize pool and the number of events is markedly lower than previous series which can probably be attributed to the reduced traffic at New Jersey online poker sites.
That said, it’s great to see a tournament focused around the mid buy-in level, such as this. To echo the sentiments of Golan Shaked, it really great to see a tournament that is accessible to all level of players.