The introduction of regulated and legal online casinos in the US has completely changed the way American players gamble online.
For the first time in US history, players in certain states can gamble online without the risks associated with depositing real cash into unregulated international casino sites.
Players who live in states like New Jersey, Michigan, or Pennsylvania, can now make deposits that are as safe as any other form of online shopping, with all operators monitored by the state gambling regulators and overseen at all times.
Making a deposit into a legal online casino in the US is perfectly safe and can be done using some of the most popular banking methods, such as:
- Credit and Debit Cards
- Apple Pay
- Wire Transfer
These are only a few of the most popular payment methods American players can use when gambling online, and there are others to choose from as well, depending on the operator you are playing with.
One notable exception in the list of payment methods US players can use is cryptocurrencies, which are not accepted at any licensed US casinos, as their volatility and unregulated nature make them unwanted in the regulated gambling world.
Another advantage is the ability to make transactions for your online account at live casino cages. This is a great upside of playing at locally regulated sites, as cage deposits and withdrawals are instant and safer than any online payment method you could ever use.
- 100% up to $1,000 on your first deposit
- Quality live dealer action
- Exclusive progressive slots
Take advantage of the BetMGM Casino no deposit bonus and play for free!
Funding Your Account: How to Deposit at US Online Casinos
The process of depositing money into your online casino balance, regardless of the state you are playing from, is very simple.
Once you are signed up with a regulated US online casino, you must access the cashier section, enter the amount you are looking to deposit, and select your preferred payment method.
You will need to provide the operator with some details, such as credit card numbers if you use typical banking methods or log into your online payment processing accounts using methods like PayPal.
In either case, the deposit process will take no more than a few minutes and will always be 100% safe, as American casinos use the most modern cybersecurity methods to ensure your banking details are always secure and untouched by any third party.
Once you are done entering your banking info, the deposit will be processed instantly, and you will be able to play with the money you deposited in mere seconds without any waiting time or delays.
Cashing Out: How to Withdraw from US Online Casinos
Once you are ready to cash out your winnings from a legal US online casino, you will need to make a withdrawal request and get it approved.
Initiating the withdrawal process is very simple, as all you need to do is access the cashier section, click the 'Cashout’ button, enter the amount you wish to withdraw, and select your payment method.
The withdrawal request will immediately be sent to the operator, while the processing time will depend on your selected payment method.
Typically, withdrawals using payment processors like PayPal or Skrill will be processed faster than wire transfers or physical checks, which can take up to a week or two to be fully processed.
If you want access to your money immediately, your best bet is to drive out to a partner casino associated with your online gambling operator and request a payout at the cage, which is processed instantly.
Also, remember that requesting cashouts before completing wagering requirements on any online casino bonuses you may have active in your account will make you forfeit the bonus and any winnings made from it, so keep track of your bonuses before you request any withdrawals.
- Get $100 in casino bonus after wagering $1
- Great variety of gaming options
- Quality player rewards program
Check out PokerStars Casino and learn why it’s one of our top-rated online casinos!
Top Payment Methods
Both the deposit and the withdrawal processes at regulated casinos in the US are quite simple, regardless of the payment method you choose.
Casino apps and desktop sites allow you to choose from several payment methods to make the process as easy as possible and ensure the highest level of comfort for each individual.
Some of the following payment methods are available:
- Credit and Debit Cards: Popular credit and debit cards like Visa, MasterCard, and AmEx are all available for deposits, although cashouts using this method are not typically available.
- Wire Transfer: If you are looking to make a large deposit, making a wire transfer may be your safest bet. Wire transfers are often used for casino cashouts and are generally considered the most secure withdrawal method.
- PayPal: For the fastest deposits and cashouts, this simple-to-use virtual wallet serves as the best option.
- Apple Pay: The popular mobile payment processor is now available at most US online casinos. Apple Pay is an extremely popular online shopping processor, and you can now use it to fund your online gambling accounts as well.
- PayNearMe: For ultimate security, PayNearMe allows you to pay cash for deposit codes and use these codes to put money into your online gambling balance. This is by far the most secure deposit method, as no extra information is exchanged online.