Top three networks in New Jersey’s nascent regulated online poker market see positive December growth.
- The combined player pool of Borgata and PartyPoker NJ makes up 50% of the total New Jersey online poker market.
- Independent WSOP has claimed 30% of the market.
- 888’s own poker network AAPN, of which 888poker NJ is currently its only skin, makes up roughly 15% of the market and Ultimate Poker is struggling with just 4%.
The article has been updated to include comments from site representative Bryan Micon.
- Bitcoin only site SealsWithClubs (SwC) has warned players that they must reset their passwords after a datacenter permitted unauthorized access to the database containing users details.
- Over 42,000 hashed passwords believed to belong to SealsWithClubs users were posted on a public forum where world-class professionals were offered money to help uncover original passwords from the hashes.
- Seals with Clubs chose the cryptographic hash is described by experts as a “poor” choice “ill-suited” for passwords due to the “minimal computing resources” required to crack the algorithm.
The Big One for ONE DROP $1m buy in event will run again at the 45th WSOP.
- The World Series of Poker (WSOP) has fixed the dates of some of the key tournaments in the 2014 schedule.
- Sunday, June 29 sees the return of the $1m buy in “Big One for ONE DROP” charity event.
- The Main Event starts on July 5 and the November Nine will be set for the final table on July 14.
Picks from F5 Poker:
Galfond drops close to $1m over three sessions. High stakes online poker pro “samrostan” is in the midst of, what for most, would be a life-changing heater. The Macau based Full Tilt Poker player sat at the 8-Game Mixed tables across from Phil “OMGClayAiken” Galfond, who is generally considered one of the most prolific poker minds on the scene, in a series of high-profile online clashes.
You gotta watch to know what time it is. Enjoy, once again, the best poker video of all time.
Flashes roughly $1.5m in poker chips. Unlike the poker chips in his recent rap game video shoot, the chips Dan Bilzerian has in front of him from the Aria and Bellagio certainly look authentic.
Poker Podcasts and Training Vids:
Podcast: December 20th, 2013 – Hand Analysis and HUD Talk with Marc Alioto The Tournament Poker Edge Podcast
On this episode of the Tournament Poker Edge Podcast, Marc “aznAllin007” Alioto joins us to analyze a couple of hands, including one played between him and RonFezBuddy, and we talk a bit about HUDs and HUD stats.
Podcast: Rabbit Hunt: 173 Rabbit Hunt
Chris and Mark look at more news out of New Jersey this week as the first month of legalized online gambling wraps up, including climbing registrations, a smoother than expected launch, and early health in online poker rooms. Then the two discuss the Atlantic Club auction, Tom Dwan's departure from Full Tilt, and the year in review.
Podcast: Mark Hoke Show on KLAV 1230 AM #12 – 12/18/13 The Mark Hoke Show
Guests include Poker Hall of Famer Linda Johnson, online superstar Ryan “Protential” LaPlante and Vegas artist and poker player Bodlar Deathbringer!
Training Video: $109/30k Turbo HH Review with DannyN13 Tournament Poker Edge
DannyN13 is back with hand history review from his recent win in the $109/30k turbo. Follow along with Danny in this 3 part series.
Exclusive Articles on pokerfuse PRO:
Pokerfuse PRO’s exclusive industry-focused summary of online poker discussions in the last week. Troll free, guaranteed. Serial multi-accounter details his method and reasoning, Multi-accounting thread on 2+2 removed twoplustwo.com
The UK government had hoped that new gambling laws would encourage British companies to come back after their exodus following the 2005 Gambling Act. William Hill plc has announced plans to remain in Gibraltar after the UK gambling law changes come into force in December 2014. One of the hopes of the supporters of the laws was that they would encourage gambling firms to relocate back to Britain.
The Interactive Games & Entertainment Association complained that the advert breached government advertising rules. The South Australian government has said that it will withdraw a billboard advertisement headlined “Gambling starts with Games.” The Interactive Games & Entertainment Association (IGEA) wrote a letter of complaint arguing that the billboard breached the Marketing Communications and Advertising Guidelines.
The week ahead for the online poker industry: A selection of conferences, live tournaments, online promotions and other important industry dates. Conferences