With the 2014 World Series of Poker just under way, the franchise’s online poker offering—WSOP.com Nevada be running a number of promotions as part of a live/online poker experience for players.
During the Media Conference Call prior to the start of the Series, WSOP Executive Director Ty Stewart stated that the Series “will not be played exclusively at the Rio. For the first time, our online poker room is live and available here in the same market as our flagship offline event… bring your laptops.”
WSOP.com Head of Poker Bill Rini listed the various promotions and events that will be offered to players who are looking to compete online while action is taking place at the Rio.
“This will be the first year where real money gaming will be available on WSOP.com during the WSOP. We wanted to put together something exciting that showcases the synergy between online and offline poker,” Rini said.
Online Poker Cage Deposit System
This year’s Series will boast special cage areas where players can deposit onto their WSOP.com accounts.
Bill Rini told media outlets that “right from the start of the WSOP, we’ll be debuting our cage deposit option which will allow players to deposit to their WSOP.com accounts directly from the floor of the Rio. Players will have the option of depositing at a special WSOP.com-only cage in the Lambada Room, the WSOP Main Cage across the hall from the Lambada Room, or they can make deposits at the Rio Cashier in the casino.”
WSOP.com $2 Million “Stacked Summer”
WSOP.com Nevada will be running a number of promotions alongside the bracelet tournaments in coordination with live play. Those promotions are listed below:
- 100% First-Time Deposit Bonus up to $1,000
- 100% Reload Bonus up to $1,000
- Hot Seat Promotion (Table and Seat numbers will be called out randomly. Winners will receive prizes)
- Wednesday and Saturday satellite tournaments into the Series for Nevada and New Jersey online players
- “Next Day” direct-entry satellites into WSOP bracelet events for the following day—starting at $11
- Special satellites into Casino Employees, Seniors, Ladies, Millionaire Maker, and Little One for One Drop events
- SNG and Step satellites for most bracelet events as well as $5,000+$100 Heads-up SNGs to Main Event
- Dinner Break Turbo tournaments
- 25-Seat Scramble during Day 1A of Main Event
- Five $1,000 daily freeroll tournaments for first-time depositors
WSOP.com Tournament Series
- May 25-31: High Roller Series — $200+15 and $500+30 events
- June 1-15: WSOP Online Championship (available in both Nevada and New Jersey)
- June 22 – July 7: WSOP.com Mini Fest
- July 10-17: Last Chance Series ($100k total prize pool)
To date, WSOP.com has sent over 100 qualifiers to the 2014 World Series of Poker, with plans to send at least 100 more by the time the Main Event final table is assembled.