After a strong showing in the recent ChampionChip Games, 888poker is hitting the road again, this time around for a big live festival. The operator’s next stop on the poker circuit is Malta for a huge series with €1 million guaranteed for the Main Event.
888poker is planning a return to the live felt in October with the Battle of Malta. The series follows a successful online ChampionChip Games that saw the operator beat guarantees by almost 10%. It will be the first live stop since 888poker Live Bucharest in June.
The Battle of Malta gets going on October 5, and there will be €1,000,000 guaranteed for the Main Event. Players will have multiple shots to bag a stack for Day 2, which is scheduled for Oct 9, while the last day will play out on Oct 12.
In order to compete for the €1 million, players will need to come up with €555 to buy in, but 888poker is looking to give a few players a helping hand collecting the cash. There are satellites running regularly on the client, and players can build their way up to the main satellite from as little as 1c.
2022 Battle of Malta ME Schedule
|8th October||Sat||1E Turbo|
|9th October||Sun||1F Turbo|
|9th October||Sun||Day 2|
|10th October||Mon||Day 3|
|11th October||Tue||Day 4|
The main satellite to book a ticket to Malta runs Sundays at 3pm ET for $109, and players can just buy directly into that for about a 1 in 5 chance to book a ticket.
However, there is a satellite tree playing up to that game that starts at just 1c, so we could see some interesting stories at the Main Event.
Battle of Malta Qualifier Package Worth $1,700
- What: €1M Battle of Malta 2022 ME Qualifier
- Where: “Tournaments” tab > ”Live Events” tab
- Buy in: $109
- Prize: A $1,700 Package to the Battle of Malta
- €555 buy-in to the Battle of Malta Main Event Playing Day 1D.
- 4 nights’ accommodation at The Intercontinental Hotel 7th — 11th October
- Travel money $350/€325 paid into your 888poker account)
- 888poker LIVE kit
Times in Image in Mountain Time
Malta Poker Vacation
Among the benefits of traveling for poker is the chance to experience new places and see new sights. The Battle of Malta is no exception with the Mediterranean island boasting many beautiful tourist spots for players looking to get away from the tables.
Among the natural and cultural treasures of Malta are:
- The Dingli Cliffs famous for their jaw-dropping views
- Blue-flagged beaches offer exceptional water quality with crystal-clear seas
- Rock-climbing and caving are available for those with an adventurous spirit
- Maltese culture is everywhere, with cultural centres, artisan villages and theatres
- Wine, cocktail, and clubbing experiences in Valletta and St. Julian’s
Fire up the 888poker client now to look for your cheap path to the Battle of Malta Main Event and get yourself prepared for a week of poker fun in the Mediterranean sun.