- PokerStars Power Path awards nearly $1M in prize money.
- Players can access EPT, WCOOP, and Midstakes Madness with Power Path.
- Qualify for major events with buy-ins starting from 50 cents.
- Power Path offers Bronze, Silver, and Gold Passes for progressive steps.
- 350 Silver Passes and 10 Gold Passes awarded since launch.
PokerStars has experienced remarkable success with its newly introduced qualification route, Power Path.
The program is designed to enable casual players to participate in prestigious tournaments by investing little. Since its launch in July, nearly 350 Silver Passes and 10 Gold Passes have been awarded, collectively amounting to almost $1 million in prize money.
The Power Path qualification system has garnered immense popularity among players, and this figure is expected to double in the current month.
PokerStars is introducing new ticket bundles for the World Championship of Online Poker (WCOOP), available in both Silver and Gold tiers. Additionally, players have the opportunity to secure bundle tickets for the upcoming Midstakes Madness tournament series and passes for one of PokerStars LIVE's most sought-after events, the European Poker Tour (EPT) Barcelona.
- Online Qualifiers now running, including Freerolls
- PokerStars’ first-ever EPT stop in Cyprus!
- EPT Main Event October 16 – 22
- Includes Mystery Bounty, High & Super High Roller Events
How Does PokerStars Power Path Work?
For those unfamiliar with the format, Power Path provides players with a fresh way to qualify for major online and live poker events, including the prestigious European Poker Tour and prominent online tournaments like the Sunday Million or WCOOP Main Event. Remarkably, players can enter this pathway with as little as 50 cents.
To obtain a Pass through Power Path, players must conquer four progressive steps categorized into three tiers — Bronze Pass valued at $109, Silver Pass worth $2500, and Gold Pass valued at $10,300.
Step 1 involves a $0.50 buy-in Spin & Go, leading to either a $1 buy-in On-Demand Sit & Go or a $1.50 multi-table tournament (MTT). Winners of Step 2 receive $11 tickets for Step 3, which grants entry to the fourth and final step of Power Path.
Step 4 is a $109 tournament that awards the three tiers of Power Passes (Bronze, Silver, and Gold). While players can accelerate their pathway and directly buy into Step 2 or 3, entry to Step 4 must be earned by winning Step 3. This measure is in place to safeguard casual players from being overshadowed by professional players in the final stage.
Upon winning Step 4, players receive a Power Pass that can be redeemed for a selection of curated poker tournament packages, each designed for an upcoming PokerStars live event (like EPT or UKIPT) or a major online series such as WCOOP or SCOOP. These packages may include travel expenses for live events or a bundle of event entries for online tournaments.
- Bronze Power Pass: Issued upon completing Step 3, this pass gives players access to $109 buy-in online events, including the iconic Sunday Million. Alternatively, players can also use this pass in Step 4 to compete for higher-tier passes like Silver or Gold.
- Silver Power Pass: Valued at $2,500, this pass allows players to redeem it for either regional live events or major online events like WCOOP.
- Gold Power Pass: The most valuable pass worth $10,300, granting players access to flagship live series such as the EPT or prominent online tournaments like the WCOOP Championship Main Event.
To facilitate players in getting started, PokerStars offers one complimentary Step 1 ticket daily to all players who log in and wager at least 1 cent in rake. This means players participating in real-money games receive a monthly value of $15 in free tickets.
According to PokerStars, Power Path thus far has “seen great levels of participation,” with the operator awarding 349 Silver Passes (worth $872,500) and 10 Gold Passes (valued at $103,000) — a combined sum of $975,500.
Power Path Passes Awarded
|Passes Won||Package Worth||Prizes Awarded|
- Deposit $20 and get $30 worth of free play
- One of the best mobile apps
- Biggest MTT guarantees
The program is expected to witness a further boost with the addition of new ticket bundles for the highly-anticipated WCOOP series. These bundles comprise two in the Silver tier and one in the Gold tier, complementing the existing $10,300 WCOOP Main Event Gold Pass already available to players.
The Gold tier bundle for WCOOP includes one $5200 ticket, four $1050 buy-in tickets, four $109 buy-in WCOOP tickets, and six 55-cent tickets. The Silver tier bundle offers multiple tickets with buy-ins ranging from $22 to $530, while the Main Event ticket bundle provides seats for Low and Medium tiered Main Events with buy-ins of $1050 and $109, along with nearly a dozen $22 buy-in tickets.
Additionally, PokerStars has launched packages for the EPT Barcelona event and the Midstakes Madness series, further enhancing the offerings available through the Power Path qualification system.
Head to PokerStars, claim your free daily Step 1 ticket, and embark on your Power Path journey!