The Pokerstars US Spring Championship of Online Poker (SCOOP) series brought the May flowers early for the operator with a huge overall prize pool, smashing original guarantees. Nearly $6.4 million was collected across the 18-day series, more than 40% above the original $4.5 million guarantee.
Running from Mar 25 through Apr 11, there were 345 SCOOP Champions crowned across the three PokerStars USA jurisdictions. There were more than 100,000 entries across the nearly three-week series that saw 115 Championship level events in each market.
It was a successful series across all three markets, with all of the Main Events surpassing their guarantees. Nearly 2,000 entries were recorded for the Main Event games alone, and the winners of those Main Events pocketed nearly $100k between them.
This was the first time the iconic SCOOP brand played out in Pennsylvania, Michigan, and New Jersey simultaneously. As usual, the series featured three buy-in ranges which meant games ranged from $10 to $2,000.
- Play one hand & get $100 in free play funds
- Top-quality mobile app
- Best online MTT schedule
- #1 Rated online poker room in the US by pokerfuse.com
PokerStars USASCOOP 2022 Highlights
The 2022 USASCOOP exceeded all expectations, breaking guarantees across all three states.
- Massive Prizes: $6.4 million in total prizes came in at 142% of the original $4.5 million in guarantees.
- Big Turnout: More than 100,000 entries were recorded for the series as a whole.
- New Champions Crowned: The series created 115 new SCOOP Champions each in PA, MI, and NJ, and 90 SCOOP Trophies were handed out across the three states.
- Big Main Events: All three Main Event games broke their guarantee, with 879 entries in PA, 689 in MI, and 353 in NJ.
- Million Dollar Day: Apr 10, Main Event Sunday, saw more than $1 million awarded across PA, MI, and NJ, a mark not otherwise achieved for more than a year.
- Big Single Fields: The biggest USASCOOP game, PASCOOP 07-L: $10 NLHE [Spring Special — Championship Trophy Event], saw more than 1,500 entries.
- Special Features: Among the extras that PokerStars USA offered players were Championship Trophy Events, state- and tier-based leaderboards, and a multitude of freeroll offers to help players get into the games.
PokerStars’ Half-Price Sunday
Sunday can be an expensive day for online poker players, but PokerStars US is looking to soften the blow a bit on Apr 24. It is slashing the buy-in for its top brand Sunday tournaments across all three US online poker markets.
This edition of Half-Price Sunday takes place on April 24, 2022, with the buy-ins cut in half for five of the operator’s most recognized Sunday games.
PokerStars USA 2022 SCOOP Summary
|Tournament||Time (ET)||Half-price buy-in (PA/MI)||Half-price buy-in (NJ)|
|Half Price Sunday Warm-Up||16:00||$15||$25|
|Half Price Sunday Storm||17:00||$5||$5|
|Half Price Sunday Special||18:00||$50||$100|
|Half Price Sunday High Roller||19:00||$125||$250|
|Half Price Sunday Supersonic||22:00||$25||$37.50|
The easiest way to find the games is to use the handy search feature in the PokerStars lobby. Just type “Half Price” into the search box, and all the games will show up.
Even with the cut-rate prices, PokerStars US is offering even cheaper ways into the game. There is a range of satellite options for entry into the Half-Price Sunday events for a fraction of the already lowered cost, though regular Sunday tournament tickets will not be valid for the half-price games.
After a huge million-dollar Sunday at the end of SCOOP, PokerStars US looks to be gearing up for another huge Sunday of poker action.
Not signed up yet? PokerStars is running some great deals for new players. Check out pokerfuse’s comprehensive review to learn more and grab the latest PokerStars US Promo Code »