- PokerStars is returning to US with its Summer Series live weekend tournaments at Live! Casino in Philadelphia.
- To boost participation, PokerStars is offering extra online qualifiers via its new Sunset Series from July 21 to July 31.
- Winners of these qualifiers receive a full package including buy-ins, travel expenses, and accommodation.
- The Summer Series features three events with buy-ins of $550, $1100, and $2200 and guarantees of $200,000, $300,000, and $500,000 respectively.
- This marks a big return for PokerStars to the US, after a six years hiatus due to low turnout and significant overlays.
- The success of the Summer Series could determine the return of the North American Poker Tour (NAPT).
PokerStars live tournaments are returning to US soil with its inaugural Summer Series taking place at Live! Casino in Philadelphia. To increase the numbers and get as many players as possible, the operator is adding a few extra online qualifiers through its Sunset Series.
The brand new Sunset Series runs from July 21 to July 31 on PokerStars PA and the combined NJ / MI platform, spanning 36 events in total. In addition to regular tournaments where players can compete for cash prizes, three special Summer Series qualifier events will be held.
As is often the case, satellite winners will receive the full package, covering their buy-ins, travel expenses, and accommodation, making it easy for the qualifiers to join the action.
Winning Opportunities for All Bankrolls
The Summer Series running on the PokerStars US real money platform features three events taking place on three consecutive weekends, starting on August 24. Tournaments have buy-ins of $550, $1100, and $2200 and guarantees of $200,000, $300,000, and $500,000, respectively.
Players looking to win their seats for one, two, or all three of these events online will have a chance to do so at PokerStars US via special qualifier events:
- July 23 – $5 buy-in qualifier for the August 23 $550 event
- July 28 – $10 buy-in qualifier for the August 31 $1100 event
- July 30 – $20 qualifier for the September 7 $2200 event
As mentioned, all who qualify via one of these satellites will receive more than just the buy-in. There is also $700 in spending money, accommodation for two in a 5-star hotel, and additional experiences to make the stay more enjoyable for the qualifiers.
Multiple Day 1 flights for each of the Summer Series main events give players room to figure things out. Those who do not make a deep run in main events will have plenty of opportunities to try their luck in one of many side events on the schedule.
Big Return of PokerStars to the US
It has been six years since the last PokerStars LIVE! event took place in the US. The company organized a few tournaments in 2016 and 2017, but low turnout and significant overlays were likely the main reasons behind the decision to put things on ice for a while.
Now, with live poker booming, PokerStars has been bringing back many of its regional tours, and the operator seems ready to return to the US again. The Summer Series in Pennsylvania features a total of $1,000,000 in guaranteed prizes across three weekends, and with various online satellites running on the platform, there should be no problems filling the seats.
This could be just the beginning, as PokerStars might also be looking at bringing back the North American Poker Tour (NAPT). It may well be that the success (or the lack thereof) of the Summer Series will determine the next steps for the operator.
For all players looking to get involved in some live tournaments, the Sunset Series qualifiers represent a great way to take your shot at a very reasonable price, and with generous guarantees and PokerStars making its big comeback to the US, it is safe to assume the Summer Series will be an event well worth visiting.
Learn all about the Best Online Poker Sites in PA in our complete guide!