PokerStars has unveiled the first details of the much-awaited USASCOOP series, cementing the dates and the guarantees for the premier US online poker tournament series.
This year, the US version of the flagship Spring Championship of Online Poker (SCOOP) is scheduled to run from March 17 through April 3, 2023, across three states — New Jersey, Michigan, and Pennsylvania.
However, for the first time, New Jersey & Michigan online poker players will compete together in a SCOOP series run on a single network — PokerStars US — with shared prize pools and games. The Pennsylvania edition will remain distinct and have its own PASCOOP — as they have every year.
- Play one hand & get $100 in bonus play funds
- Top-quality mobile app
- Best online MTT schedule
The two separate US SCOOPs will run over the same dates, guaranteeing $5 million combined.
The PokerStars MI-PokerStars NJ joint SCOOP series will promise $3 million in prize money, making it the operator’s largest guaranteed tournament series in the regulated US online poker market. The PASCOOP series for Pennsylvania players returning for its fourth iteration will guarantee $2 million — same as last year.
It will be only the operator’s second multi-state series after running the PSPC Online Series in January with $4.5 million in total guaranteed prize money. The shared network MI-NJ pool had $2.5 million in guarantees.
PokerStars USASCOOP 2023 Key Points:
- Two separate SCOOPs have been scheduled — one on PokerStars PA and the other spanning the shared MI-NJ network
- SCOOP will be the operator’s second multi-state online tournament series since the merger
- Both SCOOP series are scheduled to run over the same dates, from March 17 to April 3
- The two SCOOPs feature $5 million guarantees combined, with $3 million earmarked for the MI-NJ series and $2 million for PA
- The MI-NJ SCOOP series, with $3 million guaranteed prize money, is the operator’s largest series to date
- The complete schedule, including promotional offers for both the series, will be announced in the coming days
No further details are available on the upcoming series yet. The operator hopes “to have the schedule out for all players within the coming days.”
If going by the recent series held on the network and the previous SCOOP series held in the region last year, expect both SCOOPs to have similar schedules, with the shared liquidity series to feature more events. As is the tradition with the SCOOP series, events will be split into three tiers — Low, Medium, & High — and buy-ins are expected to range from $10 to $2000.
The MI-NJ Main Event could have guarantees ranging from $250,000 to $300,000, while the PA edition could retain the $200,000 guarantee. The series will likely see the return of Championship Trophy Events.
Both series are expected to be accompanied by the same deal of promotions as every year — special Spin & Gos, Leaderboards, Second Chance Freerolls, & Depositor Freerolls.
- Get $100 in casino bonus after wagering $1
- Great variety of gaming options
- Quality player rewards program
Expected Details of the USASCOOP 2023 Series:
- Both SCOOP series (MI-NJ SCOOP and PASCOOP) to feature over 100 individual tournaments
- Events split into three tiers (Low, Mid, and High) with buy-ins from $10 to $2000
- $300,000 guaranteed Main Event for the MI-NJ joint SCOOP and $200,000 for PASCOOP
- Return of the Championship Trophy events & Mixed Events
- Special USA SCOOP Spin & Gos, Leaderboards, Second Chance Freerolls & Depositor Freerolls to accompany the series
How the USA SCOOP Series Performed in 2022
In 2022, the operator, for the first time, promoted the US SCOOP moniker — even though PokerStars MI had yet to be merged with PokerStars NJ. The three series had a combined $4.5 million prize money (PASCOOP $2 million, MISCOOP $1.5 million, and NJSCOOP $1 million), each comprising at least 100 tournaments.
The series eventually paid out $6.4 million over 345 individual tournaments, with PASCOOP taking the most significant share. The guarantees for the Main Event were crushed across three states, and in total, the three SCOOPs attracted over 100,000 entrants throughout the series.
Want to get ready for all the spicy SCOOP action? Take advantage of the PokerStars US deposit bonus, create your account, and start building your bankroll ahead of the big Spring Championship of Online Poker.