Bounty Hunter Series Returns to iPoker After Two-Year Hiatus (February 2021)
Top line: “iPoker has announced it will be bringing back its progressive knockout tournament series, the Bounty Hunter Series — a brand that has not been seen since late 2018 — to all its skins in the dot-com market this February.”
- iPoker has announced it will be bringing back the Bounty Hunter Series, its progressive knockout tournament series.
- This time around, there will be 83 events, with a minimum of eight events per day.
- In 2020, the operator debuted Royal Series, another new brand — and curiously, the only series it offered all year.
- Today, with an average of over 1000 concurrent cash game seats, network traffic is up almost double year-over-year.
Bounty Hunter Series Deemed Huge Success on iPoker (March 2021)
Top line: “Bounty Hunter Series successfully wrapped up over on iPoker earlier this week, comfortably exceeding its €1 million series guarantee. In total, it paid out over €1.75 million in prize money.”
- The Bounty Hunter Series successfully wrapped up over on iPoker earlier this week.
- The knockout-exclusive festival made its return to the iPoker network after a two-year hiatus.
- In total, the series attracted 9,474 unique players across its 83 events.
For the First Time in Four Years, Resurgent Online Poker Network iPoker Overtakes Partypoker (March 2021)
Top line: “Online poker network iPoker has taken the third spot in the global dot-com cash game rankings, overtaking long-time rival partypoker, PRO can reveal.”
- Revenue across the business fell 25%, and profit fell a precipitous 80%, as COVID-19 battered the retail sector of the business.
- While all operators saw gains in traffic during the first coronavirus boom, iPoker fared better than others.
- In 2020, it enjoyed a string of successes, starting, of course, with the closure of rival MPN and the migration of most of its skins.
- Q1 2021 is set to be its best quarter in the last three years, exceeding even that of the COVID-19-fueled mini-boom.
Top line: “The iPoker network has once again brought back its flagship iPoker Series in the Italian market.”
- The iPoker network has once again brought back its flagship iPoker Series in the Italian market.
- It was initially scheduled to conclude on March 16, however, that has since been extended until April 4, 2021.
- The entire series is now guaranteeing a massive €2 million across 210 events.
- It is the third installment of the series within 12 months, as it also ran back in April and November of 2020.
May Poker Series To Debut From iPoker (May 2021)
Top line: “iPoker will debut a new tournament festival in the dot-com market at the end of this week with the €1.5 million May Poker Series — the largest series guarantee from the growing online poker network in recent memory.”
- A €200,000 guaranteed Main Event with multiple starting flights, is one of the biggest events iPoker has ever run.
- For the first time, iPoker will run a flighted tournament as part of the €10,000 Champions Freeroll — open to all event winners.
- “With an incredible prize pool on offer, a wide range of buy-ins and tournament types to suit players of all skill levels and the excitement of our flagship €200,000 main event, the May Poker Series is set to be one of the biggest events in our history,” says iPoker
Built-In HUDs Proliferate as iPoker Becomes Fourth Online Poker Network to Release Heads Up Display (May 2021)
Top line: “iPoker has quietly added a built-in Heads-Up Display feature, dubbed Player HUD, to its poker client following its latest software upgrade.”
- iPoker has quietly added a built-in Heads-Up Display feature — dubbed Player HUD — to its poker client following its latest software upgrade.
- The HUD on iPoker is based on three key gameplay statistics: The number of flops seen, how good a player is running, and how aggressive the player is.
- These stats are color-coded with a simple heat-map ranging from green to red.
- It becomes the fourth major online poker network — after GGPoker, Run It Once, and Winamax — to release its own built-in HUD.
iPoker Running Lucrative €60K Leaderboard Promotion for September (September 2021)
Top line: “iPoker has announced the details surrounding a new promotion aimed exclusively at cash game players, called Cash Game Races.”
- iPoker announced the details surrounding a new promotion aimed exclusively at cash game players, called Cash Game Races.
- The promotion will guarantee €60,000 across the month of September via six leaderboard races.
- The promotion will run on the following iPoker skins: Betfair, Grosvenor, Coolbet, RedStar, Paf, Betfred, and PaddyPower.
Top line: “Online poker network iPoker has relaunched its regular fast-fold product, Speed Poker, replacing its progressive jackpot version of the game, Top Trumps Football Stars.”
- Not all licensees adopted Top Trumps and, due to the progressive jackpot, it could not be made available in all jurisdictions.
- In BSF, players can enter multiple Day 1 flights, even if they have already qualified once.
- BSF has been offered in live tournaments for many years and it is becoming increasingly common in online tournaments.
Top line: “Tournament ambitions continue to grow at iPoker as the resurgent poker network schedules its third tournament series this year with seven-figure guarantees.”
- Tournament ambitions continue to grow at iPoker as the resurgent poker network schedules its third seven-figure guarantee tournament series this year.
- Kicking off December 3, €2.5 million in prize money will be awarded over a 111-event schedule, spread out across ten days.
- The series will run under its old and simplified “iPoker Festival” moniker returning after a hiatus of three years.